Me and My Sheers

Monday, March 29, 2010
Hi dear reader!

I don't like sheers. I pretty much hate them. I hate it when you see my tips through the polish and the fact I must take out another polish that matches the colour so I can wear it. Sorry for ranting.

Recently I placed an order at Transdesign. I just popped a few polishes in the cart - didn't bother to look at swatches of them because I love it all and had to fill some space. The package arrived, in a happy mood I unpacked the package and took off the wrapping paper and there it was: HORROR! I seriously ordered three sheers. THREE.

Michelle, Michelle, what were you thinking?! Not looking at swatches before ordering, you crazy?! Anyway I tried them and these are the results:



OPI - Maliblue, three coats. This light toned green reminds me of a cucumber. I guess I'd be totally in love with this shade if it wasn't so sheer! I definitly need a good layering polish for this one.



Orly - Sky Blue-Pink, four coats. It's a very sheer blue with flashes of red. I didn't see no pink it in, only red.



OPI - Sea Ya Later, Sailor!, three coats. It a pretty blue for sure!

What have I learned? I need to see swatches before randomly selecting my polishes. If any of you got good tips for layering polishes please let me know, it's a shame not wearing these pretties.

Sweet dreams for later!
Michelle

19 comments:

Nathalie said...

You funny girl. :D I like sheer (I do love a good sheer creme pink à la Essie Mademoiselle) but only when they have no shimmer. I hate sheer shimmer. Yuck. Maybe could you try to layer those over an opaque flesh toned polish? That could make the trick! :)

Kirsten (The Dutch Nail Blog) said...

LOL I hate sheers too! I would try layering them over anything and everything. Or swap them. ;)

Alisa Wing said...

I think all three of these would look great over black or white. Also, layering it over a good ridge filler can sometimes make them opaque without changing the colour too much.

Xibalba said...

Ik vind ze alle drie fantastisch! :')

amusedPolish said...

i love to layer sheer blues or red/pinks over a dark, almost black red or blue- this way it makes them purple... i did that with a few and i love opi's pearl of wisdom over dior's blue poison :D

Jeszica89 said...

Brrr, sheers! I háte them! Well, there are fun to experiment with on a black or white base color, but on them selfs? Nope, they don't do the trick for me...

laquermanic.com said...

Hahahaha! I do the same all the time. Didn't know there was more of us out there, so join the club! :D

Michèle said...

Well they're sheers, but damn pretty sheers. Can't wait to see these layered <3

Romika said...

I don't like sheer too! But layering over something else they could be gorgeous.
Your nails look very pretty!!

Michelle said...

I'll try, have to find a proper flesh toned shade first ;) thanks!

Michelle said...

Mwehehe, I ain't swapping theeeese! ;)

Michelle said...

Hmm good one, will definitly try!

Michelle said...

Hahaha :D

Michelle said...

Funny! I'll also try that once

Michelle said...

Bluh I know, they're totally... Mehhhh!

Michelle said...

What, is there a club for people who make the same mistake over and over again?! Hell, I'm joining!!!

Michelle said...

Be patient. ;)

Michelle said...

Thanks Karin! <3

kellie said...

I don't like sheers either. It drives me nuts seeing the white tips of my nails through a few coats of polish. :) But hey, at least the ones you got are *pretty* sheers. Sky blue pink is my favorite. It would look pretty over a baby pink creme, maybe. :)

Love your blog, btw!

Post a Comment

© The Lacquer Files | Disclaimer | Want to use my content? Email me first!

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.