Spring Mani's Part 1!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hi dear reader!
Finally I have some time for posting a nice and longer post again! The Dutch nailboard I visit a lot had a theme for thread #100 and that was spring. I had so much fun making these spring mani's!

Above you see my strawberry nails. I used Barry M - Matt White as the base colour, OPI - OPI Red for the strawberries and Models Own -Slate Green and Ciaté - Stiletto for the leafs. I used a really thin brush but unfortunatly they look a little... Hmm, not as neat as I wanted. But strawberries are spring and summer food and I think this mani is pretty cute.



For my next mani I used a sponge. First I painted my nails with China Glaze's Something Sweet. I used Zoya - Reece for the first layer of sponged polish, then I topped China Glaze - 2030 over that and for the finish I used Art de Lautrec - 01B. I used the Konad gold dots from my Bling manicure to give this a little extra. I don't know how I feel about this one but like Michèle said, they look a bit like tiny petit fours. The one you get when it's easter. ;)




And last for today, but certainly not least: my flower mani. The base colour is Models Own - Lilac Dream and I used Essence's Nail Jewels for the gem flowers. The dots are created with my dottingtool and OPI's Dim Sum Plum.

Well, that's it. Do you have any fun spring mani's?
I'll post the second part tomorrow, thanks for visiting!
Michelle

14 comments:

laquermanic.com said...

Sooo sweet and spring-y! :D

Kyosuke said...

First one is nice, I love every white mani <3 But I don't get the second green leaf on the strawberries, the top one was enough I think. Still lovely :)
Second one, colors are nice but I don't like much the sponge I think it went too much on top, I would have prefered it to stay at the tips level :)
Third one, I love <3 Just so pretty, tiny design but well done and I already loved the polish itself :)

And no, I don't have any spring mani, surprisingly ^^

ange-marie said...

I love the strawberry one!

gildedangel said...

Those are really cute!

Xibalba said...

Leuk gedaan allemaal, wat een schattige aardbeitjes. Ik vind de middelste echt heel mooi!

Michèle said...

Whihi dat berichtje ;-)

Wat kun jij toch altijd lekker frutselen, vind ze echt megaschattig! <3

Musicalhouses said...

Wow! All your NOTDs are so beautiful and creative! Love them all! And you have such pretty nails!

Michelle said...

Thanks!

Michelle said...

Too bad, I'd love to see you with pastel pink.

Michelle said...

Hihi thanks

Michelle said...

Thanks

Michelle said...

Dankjewel!

Michelle said...

Hahaha ;) dankjewel! <3

Michelle said...

Aww, thank you! <3

Post a Comment

© The Lacquer Files | Disclaimer | Want to use my content? Email me first!

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.