Crushed Shells

Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Hello everyone! I’m about to bore you with a little story about crushed shells so I’m warning you – if you’re not interested, scroll down to see the pictures.

OPI Gargantuan Green Grape, Konad Imageplate M57, China Glaze 2030 and Viva La Nails Lime Crushed Shells

A few months ago I ordered ice chips at Dollar Nail Art. They looked gorgeous and would be amazingly great on a manicure if only I knew what to do with it. When receiving my samples package from Viva la Nails I found out that there were crushed shells in it. Crushed shells, you ask? Yes, crushed shells. Tiny bits of coloured shells.

And that is when my brain started to get crazy. If I can’t work with ice chips, I can’t work with crushed shells! After trying to create a manicure with ice chips and completely failing with it I didn’t see that much of future for the crushed shells. But I tried and this is the kind of – weird – result.

OPI Gargantuan Green Grape stamped with Konad Imageplate M57 and China Glaze 2030, finished with Lime Crushed Shells

My crushed shells are the colour lime, super funky if you ask me. My base colour is OPI Gargantuan Green Grape and I’ve stamped with China Glaze 2030 and Konad plate M57. I only stamped half of my nail (exception is the ring finger) and placed the crushed shells under the stamped part. I don’t know why I also used the crushed shells on my ring finger but I did and I don’t like it haha.

The crushed shells DO have a nice effect. Check out my pinky in detail:

OPI Gargantuan Green Grape stamped with Konad Imageplate M57 and China Glaze 2030, finished with Lime Crushed Shells

Funny right? It’s constantly showing this glance. Please note that Viva La Nails says you can’t use the crushed shells on natural nails (only in gel or acrylic techniques or on nail extensions). I don’t know why this is because these stayed on fine and nothing happened. If you know why, please explain!

Thanks for stopping by!
© The Lacquer Files | Disclaimer | Want to use my content? Email me first!

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.